HOW AM I ABLE TO PREVENT OR AVOID AN ANKLE INJURY WHILE CYCLING OR BIKING?
Regular cycling can cause pain and inflammation in the knees and ankles. Some common forms of ankle injuries for both road cyclists and mountain bikers include ligament tears and sprains, stress fractures, Achilles tendonitis and heel pain. Wearing a Bauerfeind brace or ankle support can minimise your chances of a cycling injury through enhanced stability, proprioception and medical-grade compression. Bauerfeind ankle braces and supports help to promote blood circulation with the use of medical grade compression, something not found when using simple neoprene sleeves and braces. A good ankle brace for cycling includes the MalleoTrain, which reinforces the stability and strength of the joint. This added support will help stabilise your joint without limiting your ability to pedal, ride in a peloton or attack your next hill.
View this post on Instagram
@pascal_blaurock in our OmoTrain shoulder support ✔️. Perfect for stabilisation and guidance of the shoulder joint throughout physical activity 🚴♂️. . . . . . . #inspirationalquotes #inspiration #bauerfeindaustralia #motionislife #fitness #supports #braces #shoulder #pain #sports #australia #sydney #retail #bauerfeind #comfort #workout #wrist #knee #brace #shop #insoles #compressions #germanmade #german #design #gym #instapic #sportsware
An ankle brace for treatment of a sore ankle following injury, surgery or due to arthritis.
The MalleoTrain ankle brace employs scientifically targeted support to reinforce the stability and strength of your ankle joint. It delivers medical grade compression to improve your circulation which fastens the healing process. Two soft pads are integrated on each side which become active as you move by massaging the ankle joint to reduce swelling.
- 3D Airknit technology provides moisture-wicking, breathable comfort
- Compression reduced edges divert pressure at ends
- Anatomically shaped for a secure fit and freedom of movement
An active ankle support for greater stability and security during physical activity.
Thanks to its individually adjustable strap system, the MalleoTrain S acts like a functional tape bandage. The strap is fastened around the foot in a figure-of-eight pattern, connecting the mid and hind foot with the lower leg to support your ankle in all directions.
- 3D Airknit design for moisture-wicking, breathable comfort
- Ideal to wear during sports
- Gradient compression engineering for a faster healing process
Active achilles ankle support with an integrated heel cushion to brace and provide pain relief of the Achilles tendon.
The ankle brace provides a threefold therapeutic effect: it relieves Achilles tendon pain, distributes pressure evenly to reduce impact, and produces a soothing massage effect that helps prevent fluid build-up.
- Pressure-reduced edges – Ensures a comfortable fit without constricting movement, bunching or slipping. Improves circulation.
- Three-dimensional Train active knit – For a perfect fit.
- Stretchy knit material – Breathable and comfortable fabric is machine-washable in the gentle cycle, which helps maintain its elasticity and original fit.
- Heel wedge cushion - Sits under the Achilles ankle brace's heel for added pain relief.
- Universal - Same version can be used for both the right and left foot.
Effective sports support for the ankle to counteract overloading complaints.
Feel the effect of lunges and squats on your legs and glutes - not your ankles. Train smarter with effective protection against excessive strain with the Sports Ankle Support Dynamic.
Designed for use during sporting activity, the extremely light and hard-wearing Sports Ankle Support Dynamic supports your ankle during your daily training, protecting against unpleasant overloading.
HOW TO REDUCE PAIN IN MY ACHILLES TENDON WHEN CYCLING?Due to the repetitive nature of pedalling with your foot when cycling, it is not uncommon for riders to experience pain and swelling behind the ankle. A good way to manage these symptoms would be to wear an ankle brace that can compress around the joint to provide pain relief and dispersion of fluid build up. It would also be advised to see a doctor or physiotherapist for a diagnosis.
HOW TO TREAT COMMON ANKLE INJURIES FROM CYCLING?We recommend visiting a physiotherapist for treatment and advice on treating common cricket injuries. They may recommend the following treatments.
- Strains or Sprains. Many strains and sprains can be treated with the RICE method: Rest, Ice, Compression and Elevation. A good physiotherapist can assist with the recovery as well. If the strain is more severe it may require surgery.
- Ligament Tearing. Ligament tears generally always require surgery. A torn ligament rebuild uses a graft of tissue, as the ligament will not typically heal properly otherwise. Surgery is minimally invasive, however it can take time for the tear to heal.
- Stress Fractures. A stress fracture is caused by overuse or repetitive movements that leads to a small crack or bruising in a bone. Refraining from high impact activities and allowing optimal time for recovery is recommended. The RICE method and anti-inflammatory medications will also be beneficial.