WHY SHOULD YOU WEAR A BRACE DURING AN AFL GAME?
From 2002-2003, 3,944 people were admitted to hospitals across Australia for Australian football-related injuries. Australian Football League (AFL) is an intense football league which can lead to common rugby injuries from tackling and striking another player.
Buying a brace for a football player is an investment as it will help in preventing and avoiding AFL injuries such as ACL or MCL tear, meniscus damage, thrower's elbow.
Wearing a Bauerfeind brace or elbow support can reduce your chances of an AFL injury by providing enhanced stability, proprioception and moisture-wicking medical-grade compression.
NSW BLUES WEARING BAUERFEIND BRACES FOR STATE OF ORIGIN FINALS
Take a look at NSW Blues NRL players undergoing 3D scanning and measurement for injury detection for their finals State Of Origin game with Queensland.
Bauerfeind braces help to promote blood flow with the use of our 3D weaved medical grade compression, something not found when using simple neoprene sleeves and braces.
Protect your joints so you can stabilise your joint without limiting your ability to tackle, kick, and score goals!
BEST BRACES TO PREVENT AFL INJURIES
An elbow brace for severe and chronic elbow pain such as thrower's elbow, tennis elbow or inflammation of the elbow muscles in football.
- The EpiTrain elbow brace offers scientifically targeted support to relieve symptoms of inflammation from overuse injuries in Football.
- The brace supports your elbow’s natural movement without impacting mobility during the game.
- Two stabilising pads are built into the brace to provide a massaging effect to the inflamed area for pain relief.
An award-winning knee brace that provides targeted support for pain relief and stabilisation of the knee.
If your knee is weak, swollen, painful or recovering from an injury, the Bauerfeind GenuTrain knee brace will help provide you with relief and stability.
- Integrated donning aid allows you to easily put on the knee brace
- Soft hollow of the knee for enhanced wearing comfort
- Three-dimensional active knit for an ideal fit and optimal neuromuscular joint stabilization
- Omega pad improves neuromuscular joint stabilization
- Meniscus wings to help relieve meniscus pain
- Hoffa pads provide pressure relief
- Fits either leg the same version can be used for right and left
- Moisture wicking fabric for all day comfort
An ankle brace for stabilising twisted and sprained ankles, common in football games.
The MalleoTrain Plus lightweight ankle brace stabilises the foot following twists or sprains, as well as in cases of ligament weakness and overloading common during AFL games.
- Three-dimensional active knit - for a perfect fit.
- Viscoelastic cushions - Increase your comfort with soft pads while stabilizing the ankle and reducing pain and swelling.
- Three-level strap system - Stabilizes the ankle joint in all directions. An effective alternative to ankle taping or wrapping to keep the ankle and foot in place.
- Soft knit fabric - Breathable knit is comfortable to wear and keeps moisture away from the body. It is machine washable in the gentle cycle, which helps maintain its elasticity and original fit.
- Reduced pressure at the edges - prevents constriction.
Supports the muscles in the lower legs through powerful compression. Gradient compression decreases from ankle to calf allowing muscles to receive a better supply of oxygen, for optimal performance for elite athletes playing for AFL.
- Bauerfeind Sports Compression Sleeves incorporate graduated compression technology to increase transfer of oxygen and promote better circulation.
- This translates to longer endurance, faster regeneration, reduced fatigue, more energy and less damaging muscle vibrations.
- Due to the enhanced circulation and increased supply of oxygen from gradient compression, your sensorimotor function is improved. This helps you improve your performance during athletic activities.
Increase your endurance, reduce fatigue and improve athletic performance using Bauerfeind's powerful graduated compression.
- The Bauerfeind sports compression sleeves for the upper leg allow your thighs and hamstrings to receive a better supply of oxygen, perform more efficiently, and recover more quickly.
- Due to the added circulation and increased supply of oxygen from Bauerfeind's unique gradient compression, your sensorimotor function is improved. This helps you improve your performance during football.
"Fitting really good couldnt complain with anything" - Seth, Verified Buyer
HOW TO TREAT AN AFL INJURY?We recommend visiting a physiotherapist for treatment and advice on treating common AFL injuries. They may recommend the following treatments.
- Strains or Sprains. Many sprains and strains can be treated with the RICE method: Rest, Ice, Compression and Elevation. A good physiotherapist can assist with the recovery however prevention is always better than cure.
- Tendinitis. Rarely does this condition require surgery. It can generally be treated using a combination of anti-inflammatory medications (such as ibuprofen) and exercise. A corticosteroid injection may also be used.
- Stress Fractures. Consult a sports medicine doctor X-rays. Recommended treatments include rest, anti-inflammatory medication, stretching, and muscle strengthening exercise. Stress fractures take about six weeks to heal.