WHY SHOULD YOU WEAR KNEE SLEEVES DURING CROSSFIT?
Crossfit involves rapid movements with weights which can put pressure on the knees and increase the risk of injury. Furthermore, crossfit involves exercises with squatting movements and lunges which put high pressure on the knee joint.
Lack of stretching at the beginning of the workout and incorrect technique and form can further increase the risk of injury in crossfitters.
Wearing a Bauerfeind GenuTrain knee brace or Sports Knee Support can protect your knees and enhance your mobility during your crossfit workout. The knee brace or the knee sleeve stabilises the knee joint and the massaging pads increases the blood flow to the knee during movement.
Bauerfeind knee braces and Sports Knee Support have medical-grade compression, unlike the low-grade compression offered in Sportswear by most brands in Australia.
The medical-grade compression allows elimination of lactic acid from the knee joint by oxygenating the surrounding muscles. It enhances crossfit performance and improves recovery rates in athletes.
Why Neoprene doesn't work
We do not recommend using a cheap neoprene knee brace or knee sleeves. These sleeves offer little support and do not wick moisture. Combined this decreases the durability of the knee brace.
Using a 3D weave and moisture wicking fabric, Bauerfeind knee braces are ideal for both everyday and sports use. As the old saying goes, you do get what you pay for.
View this post on Instagram
@officialsydneykings gearing up with our performance line at our flagship store in Sydney🏀. Semi-finals in Sydney, March 3rd at Qudos Bank Arena. Sydney Kings vs Melbourne UTD. Good luck boys 🙌. . . . . . . #sports #football #training #bauerfeindaustralia #fitness #supports #braces #shoulder #pain #australia #sydney #retail #bauerfeind #comfort #workout #wrist #knee #brace #shop #insoles #compressions #germanmade #german #design #gym #sportswear #basketball #nba
The Best Knee Sleeves for Crossfit
An award-winning knee brace that provides targeted support for pain relief and stabilisation of the knee.
If your knee is weak, swollen, painful or recovering from an injury, the Bauerfeind GenuTrain knee brace will help provide you with relief and stability.
- Integrated donning aid allows you to easily put on the knee brace
- Soft hollow of the knee for enhanced wearing comfort
- Three-dimensional active knit for an ideal fit and optimal neuromuscular joint stabilization
- Omega pad improves neuromuscular joint stabilization
- Meniscus wings to help relieve meniscus pain
- Hoffa pads provide pressure relief
- Fits either leg the same version can be used for right and left
- Moisture wicking fabric for all day comfort
An advanced knee brace for pain and misalignment of the kneecap (patellar lateralisation), femoropatellar pain syndrome (anterior knee pain), ACL and MCL injury or pain associated with patellar tip syndrome, often caused by injury related to sports
- Muscle-relaxing pad – Reduces sideways pulling of the kneecap to further reduce pain and relax the muscles with soothing massage
- Corrective guide – Stops your kneecap from drifting outward to relieve discomfort and help healing without loss of mobility.
- Patella cover – Counteracts the tilting of the patella.
- Corrective strap – can be individually adjusted for optimal kneecap control.
- Pad wing – Proximal extension as far as the vastus medialis muscle, and improved proprioception.
An active knee brace designed especially for active seniors who need support of complex, chronic arthritic knee pain.
- 3D Airknit technology provides breathable, moisture-wicking comfort
- Expansion zone in the calf area makes it easier to put on
- Anatomically shaped for a secure fit and freedom of movement
"Now I don’t need any tape, this brace does it all and more. I can really notice the support and gentle pressure massage this brace provides. Excellent, expect no less from a German-made product!" - Blake
The Bauerfeind sports knee brace improves circulation and stimulates muscle regeneration around the knee.
Get effective protection against excessive strain during sporting activity with the Bauerfeind Sports Knee Support. The controlled compression improves the knee’s ability to maintain maximum movement stability during sporting activities.
- Light and airy knitted fabric makes it extremely comfortable to wear
- Innovative pad for absorbing pressure peaks
- Durable and easy to clean
"Excellent product. After trying others knee supports on the market and being disappointed the comfort of having the knee tendons massaged whilst excising truly helped. I am currently doing some vigorous training for a mega walk and the knee feels great." - Jeremy N.
SHOULD YOU WEAR AN KNEE SLEEVE WHILE CROSSFIT?
Investing in a good knee sleeve to prevent an injury which can keep you on the sidelines for months is beneficial. A knee sleeve can improve your performance and help in boosting recovery rates during the sporting activity.
WHAT ARE THE MOST COMMON KNEE INJURIES IN CROSSFIT?
The most common knee injury in crossfit are meniscus tears. Crossfitters are at high risk of meniscus tears due to squats and box jumps which increase the pressure on the knee. Other common knee injuries include:
- ACL tears
- PCL tears
- Knee ligament sprains
- Osteoarthritis due to repetitive knee injuries