WHY SHOULD I WEAR A KNEE SUPPORT WHEN SKIING?
Approximately one third of all skiing injuries are knee injuries, including sprains, MCL, ACL and LCL ruptures and meniscus tears. Since skiing has one of the highest rate of injury, investing in a knee brace to aid in injury prevention is better than suffering through the pain.
Warming up and stretching before the sporting activity can help in preventing the knee injuries.
Wearing a Bauerfeind knee brace or Sports Support can support injury prevention as the 3D weave medical grade compression stabilises the knee joint.
The medical-grade compression assists in eliminating lactic acid which can protect the knee from mild sprains. It promotes bloodflow and improves muscle regeneration.
WHAT IS THE BEST KNEE SUPPORT TO USE WHEN SKIING?
The side to side movements of your legs during skiing is very harsh on your knees. The best kind of knee support is one that grips your knee cap to prevent movement, as well as being breathable and comfortable on your skin.
This is the reason to make sure you get the perfect fit. You can visit our flagship store in Sydney to get measured by our BodyTronic system to ensure you get the perfect fit.
If you cannot visit us in-store, you can use a measuring tape to measure up yourself. Please take a look at our 'Measure & Buy' tool for more information regarding measurement details.
View this post on Instagram
Squad on point with our GenuTrain & GenuTrain P3 knee supports 👌. With @kuriyama19 📸. . . . . . #inspirationalquotes #inspiration #bauerfeindaustralia #motionislife #fitness #supports #braces #shoulder #pain #sports #australia #sydney #retail #bauerfeind #comfort #workout #wrist #knee #brace #shop #insoles #compressions #germanmade #german #design #gym #instapic #sportswear
BEST KNEE BRACES FOR SKIING
GenuTrain Knee Brace
An award-winning knee brace that provides targeted support for pain relief and stabilisation of the knee.
If your knee is weak, swollen, painful or recovering from an injury, the Bauerfeind GenuTrain knee brace will help provide you with relief and stability.
- Integrated donning aid allows you to easily put on the knee brace
- Soft hollow of the knee for enhanced wearing comfort
- Three-dimensional active knit for an ideal fit and optimal neuromuscular joint stabilization
- Omega pad improves neuromuscular joint stabilization
- Meniscus wings to help relieve meniscus pain
- Hoffa pads provide pressure relief
- Fits either leg the same version can be used for right and left
- Moisture wicking fabric for all day comfort
GenuTrain P3 Knee Brace
An advanced knee brace for pain and misalignment of the kneecap, often caused by injury related to sports
The GenuTrain P3 is ideal for pain caused by misalignment of the kneecap (patellar lateralisation), femoropatellar pain syndrome (anterior knee pain), ACL and MCL injury or pain associated with patellar tip syndrome.
- Muscle-relaxing pad – Reduces sideways pulling of the kneecap to further reduce pain and relax the muscles with soothing massage
- Corrective guide – Stops your kneecap from drifting outward to relieve discomfort and help healing without loss of mobility.
- Patella cover – Counteracts the tilting of the patella.
- Corrective strap – can be individually adjusted for optimal kneecap control.
GenuTrain S Hinged Knee Brace
Relief for acute pain caused by advanced meniscus tearing, arthritis, instability or MCL injury for skiing.
The joint splints guide the knee, providing lateral movement support while keeping the area stable. This improves sensorimotor function for maximum movement control when skiing.
- Three-dimensional fabric – Automatically conforms to the body’s natural shape for ideal fit and optimal joint stabilisation.
- Adjustable straps – Lets you control the amount of pressure for a better fit and right amount of support
- Joint side bars – Straps connect directly to side bars for superior stability in the knee and surrounding area.
- Viscoelastic pads – Provides a massage effect during movement when skiing.
- Reduced pressure at the edges – Prevents constriction.
Sports Knee Support
The Bauerfeind sports knee brace improves circulation and stimulates muscle regeneration around the knee. Unparalleled comfort, breathability and durability protect your knee and helps you maintain peak performance during skiing.
Get effective protection against excessive strain during sporting activity with the Bauerfeind Sports Knee Support.
- Light and airy knitted fabric makes it extremely comfortable to wear during sports
- Innovative pad for absorbing pressure peaks
- Durable and easy to clean - machine washable
- Anatomically shaped for a secure fit and freedom of movement
- The sports knee brace will fit the left or right leg
- Uses Bauerfeind's medical grade compression technology, adapted for sporting use
SKIING CROSS CHAMPION ANDREA LIMBACHER USED BAUERFEIND TO RECOVER FROM HER KNEE INJURY
Ski Cross Champion Andrea Limbacher injured her right knee badly and tore her cruciate ligament in her left knee. She wore the SecuTec Genu right after her surgery to return back to skiing from her injury. Post-operative care, she started wearing the GenuTrain during her light-weight training rehabilitation for extra security during the first months of her training. Say goodbye to injury-related setback with Bauerfeind braces and supports. Push your limits and improve your personal best.
HOW TO TREAT A SKIING INJURY?We recommend visiting a physiotherapist or doctor for treatment and advice on treating common ski related injuries.
- Strains or Sprains. Apply the R.I.C.E method: Rest, Ice, Compression and Elevation to treat knee sprains and strains. A good physiotherapist can assist with the recovery however prevention is always better than cure.
- Medial Collateral Ligament injury. MCL injury is the most common knee injury in skiing and is typically treated by surgical intervention. MCL tear is common in skiing due to the ski tips usually pointing towards the outside in the snowplow position whilst a fall. Consulting a physiotherapist to receive a full diagnosis and treatment plan is ideal for treating an MCL injury.
- Ligament Tearing. Ligament tears will generally always require surgery. Surgery can be minimally invasive however these injuries may take considerable time to heal. Bauerfeind knee braces can aid in pre-surgery and post-surgery recovery.