WHY SHOULD I WEAR AN ANKLE BRACE WHEN I PLAY SOCCER?
Falls, incorrect landing, over-exertion, fatigue, overuse, collisions with other players and sudden impact are common causes of soccer injuries.
Some of the most common forms of injury while playing soccer include sprains, strains, shin splints, stress fractures, runner’s knee and IT band friction syndrome.
Wearing a Bauerfeind brace or ankle support can minimise your chances of a soccer injury by providing enhanced stability, proprioception and moisture-wicking medical-grade compression.
Bauerfeind ankle braces help to promote blood flow with the use of our 3D weaved medical grade compression, something not found when using simple neoprene sleeves and braces.
An ideal support is the Bauerfeind MalleoTrain S ankle support for soccer, which provides an alternative to strapping. This added support will help stabilise your joint without limiting your ability to run down the field, control the ball and kick goals.
MELBOURNE VICTORY FC PLAYER LAWRENCE THOMAS USES BAUERFEIND COMPRESSION AND SUPPORTS FOR SOCCER
Australian professional football player Lawrence Thomas who is the goalkeeper for Melbourne Victory in the A-League visited Bauerfeind Sydney flagship store for his pre season preparation.
He was 3D measured on our BodyTronic 600 measurement system to ensure the perfect fit for the compression sleeves and braces. Bauerfeind are the only ankle and knee brace supplier in Australia to provide 3D scanning prior to purchasing a brace.
Bauerfeind supplies knee and ankle braces to elite athletes around the world including Olympians, marathon runners, and Australian Rugby League stars.
The best knee braces for sports
Unparalleled comfort, breathability and durability. Protect your ankle from sprains and twists while maintaining peak performance when playing soccer.
Improve your endurance and reduce the risk of sprains while running and playing sports with the stabilising Sports Ankle Support.
The extremely lightweight and hard-wearing Sports Ankle Support features an innovative taping strap, which supports the ligaments and protects your ankle against sprains, hyper-extension, and twisting.
Effective sports support for the ankle to counteract overloading complaints.
Feel the effect of lunges and squats on your legs and glutes - not your ankles. Train smarter during soccer practice with effective protection against excessive strain with the Sports Ankle Support Dynamic.
Designed for use during soccer, the extremely light and hard-wearing Sports Ankle Support Dynamic supports your ankle during your daily training, protecting against unpleasant overloading.
An ankle brace for stabilising twisted and sprained ankles.
The MalleoTrain Plus lightweight ankle brace stabilises the foot following twists or sprains, as well as in cases of ligament weakness and overloading during soccer.
- Viscoelastic cushions - Increase your comfort with soft pads while stabilizing the ankle and reducing pain and swelling.
- Three-level strap system - Stabilizes the ankle joint in all directions. An effective alternative to ankle taping or wrapping to keep the ankle and foot in place.
- Soft knit fabric - Breathable knit is comfortable to wear and keeps moisture away from the body. It is machine washable in the gentle cycle, which helps maintain its elasticity and original fit.
An ankle brace for treatment of a sore ankle following a soccer injury, surgery or due to arthritis.
$129.95 - Buy Here
- The MalleoTrain ankle brace employs scientifically targeted support to reinforce the stability and strength of your ankle joint.
- 3D Airknit technology provides moisture-wicking, breathable comfort. It delivers medical grade compression to improve your circulation which fastens the healing process.
- Two soft pads are integrated on each side which become active as you move by massaging the ankle joint to reduce swelling.
- Compression reduced edges divert pressure at ends
- Anatomically shaped for a secure fit and freedom of movement
An active ankle support for greater stability and security during physical activity.
The individually adjustable strap system in the MalleoTrain S acts like a functional tape bandage. The strap is fastened around the foot in a figure-of-eight pattern, connecting the mid and hind foot with the lower leg to support your ankle in all directions during a soccer game.
- 3D Airknit design for moisture-wicking, breathable comfort
- Ideal to wear during sports
- Gradient compression engineering for a faster healing process
Active achilles ankle support with an integrated heel cushion to brace and provide pain relief of the Achilles tendon.
The ankle brace provides a threefold therapeutic effect: it relieves Achilles tendon pain, distributes pressure evenly to reduce impact, and produces a soothing massage effect that helps prevent fluid build-up.
- Pressure-reduced edges – Ensures a comfortable fit without constricting movement, bunching or slipping. Improves circulation.
- Three-dimensional Train active knit – For a perfect fit.
- Contoured insert – Running along the Achilles tendon, the pad distributes the pressure uniformly.
- High elasticity – Makes the support easy to put on and take off.
- Heel wedge cushion - Sits under the heel for added pain relief.
A premium brace that provides a supportive massaging effect to soothe chronic pain, irritation and inflammation of the Achilles tendon.
The AchilloTrain Pro Achilles support combines the best in German medical engineering and medical-grade compression to provide you with added stability and pain relief of the Achilles tendon.
This ankle support features a unique wing shaped pad which massages your muscles and tendon every time you move, helping to reduce inflammation and pain.
HOW TO CHOOSE THE RIGHT ANKLE BRACE FOR SOCCER
Elite soccer player use Bauerfeind's high-quality, German-made braces to prevent and treat common ankle injuries from soccer. Our Bauerfeind physical therapist explains the different advantages of Bauerfeind ankle braces over the lace-up and cheap neoprene braces. She describes the different medical feeatures offered by MalleoTrain and MalleoTrain S to help you choose the right one for your ankle.
WHAT HELPS ANKLE PAIN DURING SOCCER?
Make sure you complete stretches before and after a game, and include exercises that increase flexibility and strength in the surrounding muscles. This can help reduce the risk of injury and subsequent ankle pain.
HOW TO TREAT A SOCCER ANKLE INJURY
- Stop the activity the triggered the pain, and rest the area. Trying to ‘work through’ the pain will only make your symptoms worse and delay healing.
- Regularly apply ice packs in the first few days to the affected area to help reduce swelling and pain. Severe or persistent tendonitis should be investigated by your doctor.
- Corticosteroids. Sometimes your doctor may inject a corticosteroid medication around a tendon to relieve tendinitis. Injections of cortisone reduce inflammation and can help ease pain.
Play it safe: Consult a doctor if you experience unusually intense and persistent tendonitis pain.