HOW CAN I PREVENT AND TREAT GOLFER'S ELBOW?
One of the most common injuries is Golf elbow, also called medial epicondylitis or lateral epicondylitis. Due to the inflammation of the elbow ligament stretching to the forearm and wrist, there is a shooting pain in the inside of the elbow.
We recommend using the Sports Elbow Strap or Sport Elbow Support and the Sports Wrist Strap together, to prevent Golfer's elbow as it provides support to the tendon muscles and stability to the forearm while swinging that shot.
If you are suffering from Golf elbow, we recommend using EpiTrain elbow brace as it provides medical-compression and active stabilisation to the elbow.
You can also use the EpiPoint which provides targeted compression to the pain points, relieving Golf elbow pain.
PROFESSIONAL ATHLETES USE BAUERFEIND TO ENHANCE PERFORMANCE
"We’ve been a fans of Bauerfeind products for many years now. We have to be able to rely on our bodies – and Bauerfeind helps us to do that. Its products are world-class." - Lisa & Anna Hahner
Professional athletes, golfers, Olympians, Australian rugby and basketball players rely on Bauerfeind to boost their performance and fasten their recovery.
BEST BRACES FOR GOLFER'S ELBOW
EpiTrain Elbow Brace
An elbow brace for severe and chronic elbow pain such as tennis elbow or tennis elbow.
The brace supports your elbow’s natural movement without impacting mobility.
Two stabilising pads are built into the brace to provide a massaging effect to the inflamed area for pain relief.
Adjustable strap to increase compression for when it's needed most.
- Same version for right and left
- 3D Airknit technology provides breathable, moisture-wicking comfort
- Anatomically shaped for a secure fit and freedom of movement
- Reduced compression at edges to help blood flow
EpiPoint Elbow Strap
An elbow strap to support and relieve tendon pain such as golf and tennis elbow.
The EpiPoint elbow strap has been engineered for targeted relief of the elbow tendon.
The support fastens around the forearm with an adjustable band that lets you set the level of compression. This encourages oxygen and nutrients within the lower arm for healing and pain relief.
- Elastic adjustable band allows dynamic pressure adjustment
- The red warning section indicates excessive pressure
- The same version for right and left
- Universal sizing
Sports Elbow Support
The Sports Elbow Support supports the movement of the elbow during sporting activities through gentle, comfortable compression. The elbow support surrounds the upper arm and forearm.
Maximise your performance and minimise your pain with scientifically targeted support of the Sports Elbow Support. Thanks to its knit technology and anatomically shaped functional elements, the Sports Elbow Support ensures stability in the elbow joint and optimal comfort.
- Withstand heavy loads for longer
- Safe and comfortable fit with every movement
- Prevents overloading and injuries
- Breathable, lightweight knit fabric for comfort
- Relieves pain caused by Tennis Elbow or Golfers Elbow
- Durable, toxic-free product
Sports Elbow Brace
For protection against hyperextension during sports and better control of the arm's elasticity.
The Sports Elbow brace provides protection against hyperextension so you can serve and forehand with ease.
This dynamic elbow brace integrates a revolutionary Powerguard Technology and Boa closure system that can be set precisely to the millimetre and released with ease.
- Prevents elbow hyperextension while throwing
- Helps support and stabilise the joint
- Precise and easy to use closure system
- Natural motion remains intact, performance is not reduced
- Gradient compression engineering guarantees a comfortable fit
HOW TO CHOOSE THE RIGHT ELBOW BRACE FOR GOLFER'S ELBOW?
Check out this video where Bauerfeind physical therapist helps you choose the right elbow brace for preventing and treating Golfer's elbows and other golf-related elbow injuries. It shows how our elbow braces and straps are different from the cheap, neoprene sleeves in the Australian market. Push your limits and achieve your personal best with Bauerfeind.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE FOR GOLFER'S ELBOW TO RECOVER?
Chronic tennis elbow and Golfer's elbow does take 6 months to 12 months to heal. Below 6 weeks, it is considered acute tennis elbow. If pain persists beyond a few weeks, see a doctor or medical specialist.
HOW TO TREAT A GOLFER'S ELBOW INJURY
We recommend visiting a physiotherapist for treatment and advice on treating common tennis elbow injuries. They may recommend the following treatments.
- Utilise the RICE method: Rest, Ice, Compression and Elevation to relieve the pain caused by Golfer's elbow. A good physiotherapist can assist with the recovery, however prevention is always better than cure.
- Tendinitis. Rarely does this condition require surgery. It can generally be treated using a combination of anti-inflammatory medications (such as ibuprofen) and exercise. A corticosteroid injection may also be used
- Physiotherapy can aid in normalisation of cervical joint function and upper limb range of motion.
- Play it safe: Consult a doctor if you experience unusually intense and persistent tendonitis pain.