The SofTec Genu provides ultimate stabilisation to the knee joint and immediate care following ligament ruptures.
A special compression knit material is featured in the SofTec Genu. This knitted material is extremely comfortable and anatomically shaped to the knee, helping stabilise the thigh muscles supporting the knee joint. The SofTec Genu is also designed with a special access zip, providing easier access to put on.
Unique to the SofTec Genu are the special lateral hinges which can be modified to restrict flexion and extension movements of the knee. These hinges adapt to the knee’s pivot points and are dynamic in supporting and offloading the knee joint. Four inelastic Velcro straps are featured at the front and back of the orthosis. The knee joint is stabilised and secured through the use of these straps, along with the lateral aluminium sidebars.
We recommend the GenuTrain S Hinged Knee Brace for people who experience less severe ligament injuries.
- Immediate care after ACL/PCL rupture
- Conservative treatment - pre-operative and delayed post-operative management
- Collateral ligament injury
- Functional instability
- Restricting range of movement after surgery
- Severe osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis
Items must be in original condition, with original undamaged packaging and not have been used apart for testing for correct sizing.
• Orders $100 and over - FREE Standard Shipping: 2-5 business days
• Orders under $100 - $9 Standard Shipping: 2-5 business days
• $19.95 Express Shipping: 1-2 business days
• $12.95 Standard Shipping: 2-5 business days
• $24.95 Express Shipping: 1-2 business days metro
How to achieve the perfect fit
Measure the circumference of your leg 17 cm above the centre of your knee (A) with your knee bent at 30 degrees.
Measure the circumference of your leg 15 cm below the centre of your knee (B) with your knee bent at 30 degrees.
Softec Genu should feel snug and firm but not constrictive. All Bauerfeind knee braces have a 1 year warranty and qualify for our 30 day size exchange policy.