This exercise is intended to strengthen the muscles that move and support the hip and knee.
To perform this exercise you will need a step, stair or similar elevated surface.
Begin with feet spread hip-width apart. Reach back with the foot of the leg not being exercised and place it on the step. From this position, the lead leg will be bearing the majority of your weight.
From the described position, squat down by bending at the hip and knee. Pause briefly at the bottom of motion before slowly returning to the starting position. Perform both the upward and downward movements in a controlled fashion. Relax and repeat as your ability allows.
When introduced early and worn consistently, Bauerfeind’s GenuTrain Knee Brace provides beneficial compression and support that help to control pain and manage the stresses that can aggravate an injury.
3 ways to relieve knee pain
The knee is one of the largest and most crucial joints in our body. It is a complex structure that facilitates our daily movements, including bending and walking. Therefore pain can be due to any number of issues, here are a couple of the most common:
- Knee bruising or trauma, including sporting injuries and accidents.
- Patients with arthritis have joint degradation and inflammation, which can lead to severe knee joint pain and discomfort.
- Autoimmune diseases and metabolic disorders have been known to have an association with the development of joint pain.
- Overstretching the knee: Practising poor proprioception can lead to stretching the knee beyond its natural range of motion, which can damage the knee joint. For example, abrupt and uncontrolled rotation of the knee joint during exercise may damage the meniscus.
- Long term chronic degeneration can lead to arthrosis of the knee joint itself.
Read the full article here: 3 Simple Ways to Relieve Knee Pain
No gym? No problem. Staying healthy is easier than ever with our at-home fitness video ideas. Follow our blog or @bauerfeindanz on Instagram and Facebook, for weekly updates.
For assistance selecting the right product for your needs, book a video consultation with a Bauerfeind expert: Book Video Call, or call us on 1300 668 466.
Do you have private health? Most private health extras will cover Bauerfeind Products, check to see if yours is included. Bauerfeind Private Health Insurance Enquiry.
Bauerfeind products are developed at our innovation and manufacturing facility in Zeulenroda, Germany. Based on years of scientific research, our award-winning braces and support garments are highly recommended by medical professionals and athletes worldwide.