ORTHOSIS FOR LATERAL STABILISATION OF THE ANKLE
• Security thanks to shell element for lateral stabilisation.
• Individual stabilisation due to strap fastening system.
• Excellent wearing comfort because of soft microfiber cushioning.
• Thin shell on one side that fits easily into the shoe.
• Activation of the foot dorsiflexor muscles thanks to a plantar pad that can be individually positioned.
Mode of action
• The orthosis stabilizes the foot and provides lateral protection against twisting without restricting the foot’s normal heel-to-toe movement.
• The optional plantar pad, which can be individually positioned, helps to create neuromuscular effects meaning that the ankle joint is actively stabilized by the muscles.
Conservative treatment of ankle sprains and ruptured ligaments
Acute and chronic capsular ligament instabilities
Prevention of chronic ligament instability
Inflammatory and degenerative functional impairments
Items must be in original condition, with original undamaged packaging and not have been used apart for testing for correct sizing.
• FREE Standard Shipping: 2-5 business days
• $19.95 Express Shipping: 1-2 business days
• $12.95 Standard Shipping: 2-5 business days
• $24.95 Express Shipping: 1-2 business days metro
How to achieve the perfect fit
Frequently Asked Questions
What is true medical-grade compression?
Gradient compression means the compression is strongest farthest away from the center of the body/heart and slowly loosens as it goes closer to the center of the body.
Medical-grade compression levels are in the “sweet spot” for improving circulation and removing lactic-acid and other fluid build up. Unlike most other 'active wear' and retail compression available in Australia (that are not gradient and provide much lower grade compression), Bauerfeind compression is true medical grade.
What’s the difference between the Performance and Recovery lines?
Sports Supports are ideal for shorter bursts of intense activity (like a workout or a basketball game), whereas Medical Supports are softer and more comfortable for all-day wear.
Sports braces and supports are great for injury prevention, but if you already have an injury you're trying to recover from, we’d recommend going with a Recovery brace or support.
What is proprioception?
Succeeding at your sport relies on your coordination and confidence, and gaining awareness of your body’s movements is essential to improving performance and preventing an injury.