This exercise is intended to strengthen the ankle, hip and knee
Begin standing upright on feet spread hip-width apart. Perform this exercise by completing all repetitions on one leg before switching to the opposite leg.
Start with the left leg. Step forward to the 10 o’clock position, then step back to the starting position. Alternately step to 9 o’clock and back, then 8 o’clock and back.
For the right let, follow this same pattern, stepping to 2 o’clock, 3 o’clock and 4 o’clock positions.
Throughout the performance of this exercise, keep the foot of the non-moving leg pointed forward. Perform all movements in a slow, controlled fashion. Relax and repeat as your ability allows.
The unique features of the GenuTrain P3 knee brace may help to correct problems that can cause knee pain and disability.
Benefits of lunges
Lunges are an exercise staple, almost any HIIT workout you do in a gym, or online, will include a lunge variation, and it's for good reason! This old fave has many benefits, such as:
- You can do them from anywhere: body-weight exercises, like lunges, can be done in your hotel room, backyard or local park. No equipment needed!
- Versatility: If you do want to up-the-ante, you can hold weights or wear a weighted vest/ belt to increase the intensity.
- Muscles: lunges build your 3 glute muscles, muscles which are necessary to be able to walk and run. Additionally, doing lunges requires you to engage your lower back muscles as well as your abdominals. Making it a full-body workout.
- Improve balance: lunges require you to use several muscle groups, mainly one leg to lunge, the other leg to balance, and your core and back to keep you upright. All of these working together will improve both coordination and balance.
- Another benefit of lunges is that they increase the overall health of your spine due to something called spinal de-loading. There are many exercises, such as doing squats, or most types of weight lifting, which load the spine.
Do you have private health? Most private health extras will cover Bauerfeind Products, check to see if yours is included. Bauerfeind Private Health Enquiry.
Bauerfeind products are developed at our innovation and manufacturing facility in Zeulenroda, Germany. Based on years of scientific research, our award-winning braces and support garments are highly recommended by medical professionals and athletes worldwide.
For assistance selecting the right product for your needs, book a video consultation with a Bauerfeind expert: Book Video Call, or call us on 1300 668 466