Are you looking for a way to improve your cycling performance? Compression socks might be just what you are looking for to help you ride longer and speed up your recovery.
What are compression socks?
Compression socks are tight-fitting and elastic that lightly squeeze the leg in a particular fashion to help achieve better performance. They come in a variety of lengths, but most athletes choose to wear full length socks that end just below the knee to maximise their benefits.
What are the benefits of compression socks?
- Improved blood flow: The light pressure of compression socks improves the volume and velocity of blood flow by reducing the diameter of major veins. This helps get oxygen to the muscles and can improve performance. Medical grade compression base don global RAL standard will provide the greatest benefit and should ensure you are buying a garment with a minim of class 1 medical grade compression.
- Reduced lactic acid buildup: Lactic acid builds up when the heart cannot deliver oxygen to the muscles fast enough. When compression socks improve blood circulation, they improve the speed at which oxygen reaches the muscles, thus reducing lactic acid build-up. This will improve endurance and speed up recovery.
- More energy and delayed muscle fatigue: Compression socks reduce irritating muscle vibrations, which delays fatigue and keeps more energy reserves available. They help prevent tiredness in the muscles and any aching sensations.
Who should wear compression socks?
Compression socks are for all athletes. Although some may believe that compression socks primarily serve people with injuries, that is a myth. Compression socks are a great tool for supporting your muscles during your rides and promoting your recovery afterwards.
When should you wear compression socks?
There are benefits to wearing compression socks during and after a workout. During a workout, they can improve performance and promote recovery before it starts. The benefits don’t stop when the workout ends; you can still benefit from compression post workout with recovery particularly if the garment is medical grade.
What compression socks does Bauerfeind offer?
Full Length Performance Socks
Our Full Length Performance Socks are designed to maximise performance and promote recovery with…
- Targeted recovery zones: to increase the performance of the calf muscles through muscle specific compression and keep your muscles in their optimal performance zone for longer.
- Infinity zone: to stabilise the arch of the foot and the ankle.
- Relief sole: to reduce the pressure load on the soles of your feet and promote endurance.
- Achilles tendon comfort grooves: to relieve the sensitive area around your Achilles tendon and reduce irritation on long trips.
View here for the full range of compression socks.
Bauerfeind offers full range of cycling compression gear, compression socks, compression calf sleeves, knee braces, wrist braces and many more. View here for the cycling range.
For assistance selecting the right product for your needs, book a video consultation with a Bauerfeind expert: Book Video Call, or call us on 1300 668 466.
Do you have private health? Most private health extras will cover Bauerfeind Products, check to see if yours is included. Bauerfeind Private Health Insurance Inquiry.
Bauerfeind products are developed at our innovation and manufacturing facility in Zeulenroda, Germany. Our award-winning products are designed based on years of research and are highly recommended by medical professionals and athletes around the world.
For help selecting the right compression product for your needs, call us on 1300 668 466 or drop us a message on our live chat.