WHY SHOULD YOU WEAR A KNEE BRACE WHEN RUNNING?
Uneven surfaces and fatigue carries a risk of injury for runners. In addition, with every step on the ground, biomechanical forces act on your knee joint putting pressure.
To relieve this pressure and prevent knee injuries, we recommend wearing Bauerfeind knee braces and compression supports.
Some runners also suffer from unstable ligaments and tendons, or inflammation of the kneecap, known as Runner's knee.
To prevent runner’s knee, we recommend stretching before your runs, performing knee strengthening exercises and wearing a protective brace such as Genutrain or Sports Knee Support.
The omega pad in our Genutrain massages the patella tissue to relieve knee pain and promote muscle regeneration for fast recovery after your run.
To treat runner’s knee conditions, we recommend GenuTrain P3 for kneecap relief. The P in P3 stands for patella. This knee brace is specifically designed to target the patella.
The muscle relaxation pad relaxes the iliotibial muscle and minimizes strain which helps with IT Band syndrome.
The patella pad provide patella-tracking which improves proprioception and helps joint stability.
Protect your joints so you can enjoy your next marathon, 10k, 5k, bushwalk or trail run.
BEST KNEE BRACES FOR RUNNING
An award-winning knee brace that provides targeted support for pain relief and stabilisation of the knee.
If your knee is weak, swollen, painful or recovering from an injury, the Bauerfeind GenuTrain knee brace will help provide you with relief and stability.
- Integrated donning aid allows you to easily put on the knee brace
- Soft hollow of the knee for enhanced wearing comfort
- Three-dimensional active knit for an ideal fit and optimal neuromuscular joint stabilization
- Omega pad improves neuromuscular joint stabilization
- Meniscus wings to help relieve meniscus pain
- Hoffa pads provide pressure relief
"Very good fit, does not move even at very intense movement levels. The support it provides is great. Definitely recommend." - Michael
An advanced knee brace for pain and misalignment of the kneecap, often caused by injury related to running.
The GenuTrain P3 is ideal for pain caused by misalignment of the kneecap (patellar lateralisation), femoropatellar pain syndrome (anterior knee pain), ACL and MCL injury or pain associated with patellar tip syndrome.
- Muscle-relaxing pad – Reduces sideways pulling of the kneecap to further reduce pain and relax the muscles with soothing massage
- Corrective guide – Stops your kneecap from drifting outward to relieve discomfort and help healing without loss of mobility.
- Patella cover – Counteracts the tilting of the patella.
- Corrective strap – can be individually adjusted for optimal kneecap control.
Relief for acute pain caused by advanced meniscus tearing, arthritis, instability or MCL injury.
The hinged knee brace provides active protection of the knee for runner's who are suffering from a knee injury.
- Three-dimensional fabric – Automatically conforms to the body’s natural shape for ideal fit and optimal joint stabilisation.
- Adjustable straps – Lets you control the amount of pressure for a better fit and right amount of support
- Joint side bars – Straps connect directly to side bars for superior stability in the knee and surrounding area.
- Viscoelastic pads – Provides a massage effect during movement.
- Soft knit fabric – Breathable knit is comfortable to wear and keeps moisture away from the body.
- Reduced pressure at the edges – Prevents constriction.
A knee strap that provides targeted relief for the patella tendon. Ideal for Runner's knee.
Bauerfeind’s GenuPoint relieves the excess strain on the patellar tendon below the kneecap, helps to ease pain in the front knee, and counteracts the noticeable effects of restricted mobility.
- Velcro strap and be tightened for adjustable compression
- Anatomically shaped for a secure fit and freedom of movement
- 3D airknit technology provides breathable, moisture-wicking comfort
The Bauerfeind sports knee brace improves circulation and stimulates muscle regeneration around the knee to prevent running injuries.
Get effective protection against excessive strain during long marathons with the Bauerfeind Sports Knee Support. The controlled compression improves the knee’s ability to maintain maximum movement stability while running.
The light and airy knitted fabric makes it extremely comfortable to wear. The Sports Knee Support is durable and machine-washable so you can chuck it in the machine after a sweaty run.
"Excellent product. After trying others knee supports on the market and being disappointed the comfort of having the knee tendons massaged whilst excising truly helped. I am currently doing some vigorous training for a mega walk and the knee feels great." - Jeremy
BEST SUPPORT FOR RUNNERS
Take a look at Anna and Lisa, also known as the Hahner twins, who are two of Germany’s best long distance runners. The Hahner twins have been supporters of Bauerfeind compression and sports gear for a long time now.
Bauerfeind brace and knee support offers enhanced stability for the knee joint through medical-grade compression. The compression helps in draining out the lactic acid which accumulates after running long distances or short sprints. This boosts recovery and helps you improve your performance.