HOW CAN I PREVENT OR AVOID A SHOULDER INJURY FROM CRICKET?
Whether you bat, bowl or field, there will be a risk of developing a shoulder injury.
Bauerfeind shoulder braces and supports both protect and help with treatment and recovery through the provision of enhanced stability, proprioception and medical-grade compression.
Some of the most common forms of injury include rotator cuff tendinitis, bursitis, and rotator cuff tear.
Bauerfeind shoulder braces have a unique design that guides and centres the arm in the socket to ensure a stable shoulder, yet allowing full mobility.
This added support will help stabilise your joint without experiencing any limitations to batting, bowling and catching.
BEST SHOUDLER BRACES FOR CRICKET
OmoTrain Shoulder Brace
A shoulder brace for the relief of injured or strained shoulders. Provides stability for the shoulder joint.
The Omotrain guides and centres the arm in the socket so the shoulder maintains proper natural movement, without impacting your mobility. Strapping runs across back and hips, so it won't impinge upon the chest area. The OmoTrain can be worn on either the left or right shoulder.
- Soft knit fabric – Breathable knit is comfortable to wear, gentle on your skin and keeps moisture away from the body. It is machine washable in the gentle cycle.
- Viscoelastic soft pad – Massaging nubs reduce swelling and relieve pain in the soft tissue.
- High elasticity – Makes it easy to put the shoulder support on and take it off.
- Strap system – Secures the brace to your body and centres the shoulder for stability and pain relief.
- Pressure-reduced edges – Less compression at the edges for an optimal and comfortable fit that improves circulation.
- The special chest-free wearing system – leaves the chest area free and does not restrict breathing for excellent wearing comfort.
BEST SHOULDER BRACES FOR CRICKET
Elite athletes and cricket players use high-quality, German-made Bauerfeind products to prevent and treat shoulder injuries such as shoulder dislocation and impingement. Check out this video showcasing the OmoTrain shoulder brace for cricketers to prevent shoulder pain and dislocation from swinging the bat during the game. Bauerfeind braces help in stabilising the shoulder area and improving proprioception. Bauerfeind Shoulder braces can be worn to provide pain relief and protection during sporting activities.
HOW DO I PREVENT SHOULDER PAIN FROM CRICKET?
Cricket involves repetitive swinging motions that your shoulders need to support. Ensure you complete stretching exercises before and after a match to strengthen the muscles in your shoulder and arms.
HOW TO TREAT COMMON SHOULDER INJURIES FROM CRICKET?
We recommend visiting a physiotherapist for treatment and advice on treating common cricket shoulder injuries. They may recommend the following treatments.
- Strains or Sprains. Many sprains and strains can be treated with the RICE method: Rest, Ice, Compression and Elevation. A physiotherapist can assist with the recovery as well. If the sprain is more severe you may require surgery.
- Bursitis. Common treatment options include pain-relieving medications, cold packs, gentle mobilisation and rest. If the cause of your bursitis was from overuse, it is important to avoid or modify that activity until symptoms reduce.