HOW CAN I PREVENT OR AVOID A SHOULDER INJURY FROM BOWLS?
The shoulder joint is a commonly injured area due to the range of motion of the ball and socket joint in multiple directions.
Roll woods, not your shoulder with a Bauerfeind shoulder brace. Reduce your chances of a bowling injury through a Bauerfeind support’s enhanced stability, relieved shoulder pressure and moisture-wicking medical-grade compression.
Some of the most common forms of bowling injuries include rotator cuff tendinitis, bursitis, instability and rotator cuff tear.
Bauerfeind shoulder braces have a unique design that guides and centres the arm in the socket to ensure a stable shoulder, yet allowing full mobility.
A good shoulder brace for bowls and cricket includes the OmoTrain, which relieves injured or strained shoulders.
Protect your shoulder joint so you can stabilise your joint without limiting your ability to back bowl, backhand draw and deliver a bowl.
BEST SHOUDLER BRACES FOR BASKETBALL
A shoulder brace for the relief of injured or strained shoulders. Provides stability for the shoulder joint.
The Omotrain guides and centres the arm in the socket so the shoulder maintains proper natural movement, without impacting your mobility. Strapping runs across back and hips, so it won't impinge upon the chest area. The OmoTrain can be worn on either the left or right shoulder.
- Soft knit fabric – Breathable knit is comfortable to wear, gentle on your skin and keeps moisture away from the body. It is machine washable in the gentle cycle.
- Viscoelastic soft pad – Massaging nubs reduce swelling and relieve pain in the soft tissue.
- High elasticity – Makes it easy to put the shoulder support on and take it off.
- Strap system – Secures the brace to your body and centres the shoulder for stability and pain relief.
- Pressure-reduced edges – Less compression at the edges for an optimal and comfortable fit that improves circulation.
- The special chest-free wearing system – leaves the chest area free and does not restrict breathing for excellent wearing comfort.
BEST SHOULDER BRACES FOR PLAYING BOWLS
The swinging arm movement while playing bowl strains the shoulder area and impacts the ball and socket shoulder joint. It is important to protect your shoulder joint to prevent major injuries and dislocations.
Elite athletes and bowling players have been uysing German-made Bauerfeind products to prevent shoulder injuries and rotator cuff tendonitis. Check out this video showing how to achieve the perfect fit with the OmoTrain shoulder brace.
SHOULD I WEAR A SHOULDER BRACE FOR BOWLS?
Bowls involve carrying a heavy ball and repetitive swinging motions which can be hard on your shoulders. A brace will help support that joint and massage the surrounding muscles, increasing blood flow to the area.
HOW TO TREAT COMMON SHOULDER INJURIES FROM BOWLS?
We recommend visiting a physiotherapist for treatment and advice on treating common bowls shoulder injuries. They may recommend the following treatments.
- Strains or Sprains. Many sprains and strains can be treated with the RICE method: Rest, Ice, Compression and Elevation. A physiotherapist can assist with the recovery as well. If the sprain is more severe you may require surgery.
- Rotator Cuff Tear. Conservative treatment such as rest, ice and physical therapy can help with full recovery of lower grade rotator cuff tears. If your injury is severe with a full or partial tear of the muscle or tendons, surgery may be the most appropriate.
Play it safe: Consult a doctor if you experience unusually intense and persistent shoulder pain.