WHAT IS ILIOTIBIAL BAND SYNDROME?
ITB syndrome is an overuse injury that arises through repeated trauma around the thigh. It is the most common cause of “Runner’s Knee” and can affect many long-term runners.
Those who are susceptible to ITB syndrome don’t have proper running biomechanics due to underlying muscular imbalances, ground that is run on and/or fatigue.
HOW CAN I RELIEVE PAIN AND DISCOMFORT CAUSED BY IT BAND SYNDROME?
Bauerfeind’s high-quality supports or braces with medical-grade compression that is designed to provide instant pain relief and target any structural imbalances.
Our knit material and special viscoelastic cushioned pads make for the most comfortable brace you will ever wear to complement your recovery process. A good brace for ITB Syndrome includes the GenuTrain P3, which provides relief for pain and misalignment of the kneecap.
Why Neoprene Doesn't Work
We do not recommend using a cheap neoprene knee brace or knee sleeves. These sleeves offer little support and do not wick moisture. Combined this decreases the durability of the knee brace.
Using a 3D weave and moisture wicking fabric, Bauerfeind knee braces are ideal for both everyday and sports use. As the old saying goes, you do get what you pay for.
View this post on Instagram
After premium supports and braces? 👉 We have a retail store in Sydney, Australia. Or, you can visit us online to view our whole range 🙌 (link in bio). . . . . . . #bauerfeindaustralia #motionislife #fitness #supports #braces #shoulder #pain #sports #australia #sydney #retail #bauerfeind #comfort #workout #wrist #knee #brace #shop #insoles #compressions #germanmade #german #design #gym #instapic #sportsware #bauerfeind
Best Braces For IT Band Syndrome
GenuTrain A3 Knee Brace
An knee brace for arthritis designed especially for active seniors who need support of complex, chronic arthritic knee pain.
If you suffer from osteoarthritis or degenerative knee pain, the clinically developed GenuTrain A3 knee brace can provide pain relief and targeted support for your knee joint. It is also suitable to treat minor meniscal strains and micro-tears.
- 3D Airknit technology provides breathable, moisture-wicking comfort.
- Expansion zone in the calf area makes it easier to put on.
- Anatomically shaped for a secure fit and freedom of movement.
GenuTrain Knee Brace
An award-winning knee brace that provides targeted support for pain relief and stabilisation of the knee.
The Bauerfeind GenuTrain is a best selling knee brace suited to minor knee conditions where lateral movement is not a concern. Best suited to the following sports:
- Running. Short distance to Marathon. Mild runners knee.
- Walking, when impacted by mild arthritis.
- Netball and basketball.
- Rugby league, union and AFL.
- Skiing, where lateral movement of the knee is not an issue.
GenuTrain P3 Knee Brace
An advanced knee brace for pain and misalignment of the kneecap, often caused by injury related to sports.
Aid in pain relief from patellofemoral pain syndrome (anterior knee pain), ACL and MCL injury or pain associated with patellar tip syndrome.
- Muscle-relaxing pad – Reduces sideways pulling of the kneecap to further reduce pain and relax the muscles with soothing massage
- Corrective guide – Stops your kneecap from drifting outward to relieve discomfort and help healing without loss of mobility.
- Patella cover – Counteracts the tilting of the patella.
- Pad wing – Proximal extension as far as the vastus medialis muscle, and improved proprioception.
- Ring-shaped soft pad and wedge-shaped hoffa soft pad– Surrounds the kneecap to center it for stability and two pressure points to relieve strain.
GenuTrain S Hinged Knee Brace
Relief for acute pain caused by advanced meniscus tearing, arthritis, instability or MCL injury.
The hinged knee brace was engineered using Bauerfeind’s gradient compression, lateral joint splints and a viscoelastic pad to provide active protection of the knee.
The joint splints guide the knee, providing lateral movement support while keeping the area stable. This improves sensorimotor function for maximum movement control.
- Three-dimensional fabric – Automatically conforms to the body’s natural shape for ideal fit and optimal joint stabilisation.
- Adjustable straps – Lets you control the amount of pressure for a better fit and right amount of support
- Joint side bars – Straps connect directly to side bars for superior stability in the knee and surrounding area.