WHY SHOULD I WEAR AN ELBOW BRACE WHEN I PLAY BASKETBALL?
Dribbling, passing, catching, and shooting the basketball means that the elbows can get overworked during a basketball game.
Common elbow injuries found in basketballers include tendinitis, bursitis, sprains and strains.
A Bauerfeind elbow brace and support both protects and helps with the treatment through the provision of enhanced stability, proprioception and medical-grade compression.
Bauerfeind elbow braces also help to promote blood flow with the use of our 3D weaved medical grade compression, something not found when using simple neoprene sleeves and braces.
PROFESSIONAL BASKETBALL PLAYERS WEARING BAUERFEIND GEAR
Take a look at professional basketball players from Washington Wizards wearing Bauerfeind supports to protect their joints and improve their body awareness.
The EpiPoint Elbow Strap is good for basketball elbow pain as it provides targeted tendon relief.The massaging pads in the elbow brace provides a soothing massage effect to reduce swelling, inflammation and pain as you move. This added support will help stabilise your joint without limiting your ability to dribble down a court, catch and shoot.
View this post on Instagram
@washwizards know what’s up with the prevention and support of a GenuTrain knee brace 😏 . . . #washingtonwizards #washwizards #washwizardsnation #basketball #nba #nbafinals #nbaplayoffs #basketballislife #basketballgame #genutrain #kneebrace #bauerfeind #motionislife #bauerfeindsports
BEST ELBOW BRACES FOR BASKETBALL
An elbow brace for severe and chronic elbow pain such as golfer’s elbow or tennis elbow and elbow injuries from basketball.
The EpiTrain elbow brace offers scientifically targeted support to relieve symptoms of elbow pain from basketball injury.
The brace supports your elbow’s natural movement without impacting mobility.
Two stabilising pads are built into the brace to provide a massaging effect to the inflamed area for pain relief.
Adjustable strap to increase compression for when it's needed most.
An elbow strap to support and relieve tendon pain such as golf and tennis elbow.
The EpiPoint elbow strap has been engineered for targeted relief of the elbow tendon.
The support fastens around the forearm with an adjustable band that lets you set the level of compression. This encourages oxygen and nutrients within the lower arm for healing and pain relief.
- Elastic adjustable band allows dynamic pressure adjustment
- The red warning section indicates excessive pressure
- The same version for right and left
- Universal sizing
The Sports Elbow Support supports the movement of the elbow during sporting activities through gentle, comfortable compression. The elbow support surrounds the upper arm and forearm.
Maximise your performance and minimise your pain with scientifically targeted support of the Sports Elbow Support. Thanks to its knit technology and anatomically shaped functional elements, the Sports Elbow Support ensures stability in the elbow joint and optimal comfort.
- Withstand heavy loads for longer
- Safe and comfortable fit with every movement
- Prevents overloading and injuries
- Breathable, lightweight knit fabric for comfort
- Relieves pain caused by Tennis Elbow or Golfers Elbow
- Durable, toxic-free product
For protection against hyperextension during sports and better control of the arm's elasticity.
The Sports Elbow brace provides protection against hyperextension so you can serve and forehand with ease.
This dynamic elbow brace integrates a revolutionary Powerguard Technology and Boa closure system that can be set precisely to the millimetre and released with ease.
- Prevents elbow hyperextension while throwing
- Helps support and stabilise the joint
- Precise and easy to use closure system
- Natural motion remains intact, performance is not reduced
- Gradient compression engineering guarantees a comfortable fit
BEST ELBOW BRACE FOR BASKETBALL
The Sports Elbow Brace by Bauerfeind is worn by elite athletes, rugby players and basketball players.
Check out this video showing how to measure your elbow and find the perfect fit for your elbow brace.
Don't lose your days to injury and recovery. Spend more time on the court and push your personal best with Bauerfeind.
ARE ELBOW INJURIES COMMON IN BASKETBALL?
Basketball involves repetitive use of your elbow and forearms, potentially leading to overstrain and muscle or tendon injuries. Ensure you strengthen the muscles of your arm and complete flexibility exercises.
HOW TO TREAT A BASKETBALL ELBOW INJURYWe recommend visiting a physiotherapist for treatment and advice on treating common AFL injuries. They may recommend the following treatments.
- Strains or Sprains. Many sprains and strains can be treated with the RICE method: Rest, Ice, Compression and Elevation. A good physiotherapist can assist with the recovery however prevention is always better than cure.
- Tendinitis. Rarely does this condition require surgery. It can generally be treated using a combination of anti-inflammatory medications (such as ibuprofen) and exercise. A corticosteroid injection may also be used.
- Bursitis. Anti-inflammatory medications or cortisone injections may be recommended to help with pain and swelling. If surgery is requires, the entire bursa may be removed; it will usually grow back over the course of several months and function normally.
Play it safe: Consult a doctor if you experience unusually intense and persistent tendonitis pain.